The EU-SCORES project is well underway to unlock the large-scale potential of wind, wave and offshore solar systems. Starting in September 2021, the project already completed important milestones in its first year:
– Kicking-off at the Marine Energy Hub in The Hague in September 2021. At the hybrid kick-off event, all project partners came together for the first time and discussed common goals to successfully deliver the project.
– To successfully engage with the project’s stakeholders, the EU-SCORES project set up its communication & dissemination strategy and launched the EU-SCORES logo, brand identity, website and social media channels.
– The project completed and successfully submitted 20% (15/73) of its project deliverables in the first year. Including: detailed technical designs, 16 permit submission and financial predictions for the installation and upscaling of multi-source parks.
– Four advisory meetings took place to identify the most important aspects for successfully upscaling multi-source energy parks. Key players such as EDP, EGP, ENBW, ENECO, ENI, Meewind, Ocean Winds, Parkwind, REN, RWE, SBE and TenneT were involved.
– Project partners presented the project in more than 20 events around Europe and the world. Including: Windday (September 2021, The Hague), Expo 2020 (October 2021, Dubai), OEEC (October 2021, Amsterdam), World Ocean Summit (March 2022, online), European Maritime Day (May 2022, Ravenna), Annual Floating Solar PV Europe Forum (June 2022, Amsterdam) and the UN Ocean Conference (July 2022, online).
– The EU-SCORES water basin was set up as an interactive experience to showcase the benefits of multi-source energy parks. The water basin includes a scale model of CorPower Ocean. The basin has been showcased at the Marine Energy Hub at various events, including the visit of the Danish Crown Prince Frederik in June 2022.
The partners are looking forward to taking the project further in its second year. Some great new activities are already planned: the next project meeting in Cork, the project’s first stakeholder event in The Netherlands January 2023, and a VR video on the EU-SCORES demonstrations in Belgium and Portugal. Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with the latest developments.
The EU-SCORES consortium partners: Dutch Marine Energy Centre (DMEC), Oceans of Energy, TU Delft, SBM offshore, POM West-Vlaanderen (POM), RWE Renewables (RWE), CorPower Ocean, Uppsala University, Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology (LUT), Enel Green Power, RINA offshore consultants, INNOSEA – a AqualisBraemar LOC Group company, EDP Labelec, WavEC Offshore Renewables, INESC TEC, Exceedence, Western Star Wave – a Simply Blue Group company.
For more information, please contact Benjamin Lehner.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101036457.